So I’ll be talking about what I watched dramawise in 2019, and giving little mini-reviews along the way, so if you want something to watch, stick around. By the way, some of these dramas I started in 2018 and I just finished them in 2019. Also, not all of these dramas were released in 2019, I just watched them in 2019. All in all, I found a lot of dramas l enjoyed.
- Pitsawat 9.2/10 – Honestly, this blew me away in every category, from the acting, the directing, the costumes, practically everything. Just parts of the ending I didn’t enjoy. This is one of those reincarnation lakorns, with past and present lives.
- Khing Kor Rar Khar Kor Rang (2019) 7.5/10 – A marriage of convenience lakorn, with pra-ek having a girlfriend by his side most of the lakorn. Honestly, the fighting got so annoying and I’d really wished they’d cut out some of it in this remake.
- The Stranded 7.5/10 – So kids are stranded on an island. Production values was the key here. Outside of some fakea** CG, the photography was awesome, and best part of story. In fact, that and the music fooled me into thinking something grand and of value was going to happen, but as a few episodes went by, I slowly realized nothing much was happening. At end, we’re left with more mysteries then we started with, maybe a couple were solved, but that was really annoying.
- The Sand Princess 7.5/10 – A girl marries the brother of the man whose child (Moji) she’s taking care of. Best part about it, the little girl Moji. She did absolutely no acting, they acted around her, it was hilarious! I loved her! Most of the rating was for her.
- Tunnel 8.5/10 – I really liked this, hard for me to choose between which version I liked better, the Korean version or this one?
Chinese/Taiwanese Dramas 2019
I watched a lot of long Chinese dramas last year, so this year because I lacked the time, I basically stuck to a lot of web dramas.
- Oh My Emperor Season 1 – 7.0/10 Short and forgettable drama about a girl traveling to Ancient China. You know the drill.
- Princess at Large 7/10 – Another time travel drama. And yes, I set out to find all the shorter time travel dramas and watch them all, 😄. Mediocre.
- I’m a Pet At Dali Temple 8.3/10 – This drama was actually good compared to the other time travel dramas. Good acting, nice chemistry. Enjoyable.
- Rules of Love 1 & 2 – 7/10 I watched this because it was about a merperson falling in love, it was okay but nothing special.
- Unique Lady (2019) 6.5/10 – This was disappointing. A girl gets thrown into a game world and has lots of suitors.
- Well Intended Love 7.5/10 Of course I had to watch this since it’s about a married couple. And the couple moments were the best! It’s just all those other little plot details I wish were improved.
JAPANESE DORAMAS 2019
- Boku, Unmei no Hito Desu 8/10 – This is a cute romantic comedy that is about how the threads of fate bring us together.
- Soredemo, Ikite Yuku 9/10 – Powerful drama with lots of quiet contemplation, but also moments of intensity as two people fall in love, the sister of a murderer and the brother of a murder’s victim.
- Tantei no Tantei 8/10 -After her sister’s murder, a detective goes after bad detectives. I liked this, but I’ve forgotten most of it as I watched it near the beginning of the year.
- 3 Nen A Kumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu 2019 8.5/10 -This was strange. A teacher takes his students hostage and proceeds to teach them a lesson about life in the digital age they’ll never forget.
- Rike Koi 7.5/10 – Just a cute romantic comedy based on manga I watched for giggles.
KOREAN DRAMAS 2019
- Tomorrow With you – 8.3/10 Really sweet romance with a time travel twist.
- Signal – 7.5/10 I watched this after Tunnel and I was sooo underwhelmed by everything about this, the relationships compared to Tunnel, the mystery, it just didn’t impress me much. Good performances by actors.
- Tunnel – 8.5/10 Time travel drama that I lurved! This was about a serial killer, but more importantly, the relationships between people is what stood out for me.
- Kingdom – 7/10 Overrated. Honestly, you’ll thinking fighting off zombie hordes would be more interesting, but no. The twist fell flat too. And it ends in a cliffhanger.
- I Picked Up a Star on the Road 8.6/10 – This was the big surprise of all the dramas, but warning, lots of black humor. This isn’t the light romantic comedy I expected of a star and ordinary girl falling in love, it was much better.